Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is considered to be a document that permits citizens to travel and cross international boundaries without a valid visa. The esta cbp dhs gov is valid for a period of ninety days and allows the individual to stay cross-borders for that limited span of time. The ESTA is given only to those individuals who successfully fulfill all the requirements and satisfy all the criteria that are set by the DHS (Department of Homeland Security). There must be compatibility for the travelers traveling under the ESTA in order to travel and stay by meeting all the set standards of eligibility both before arrival and after their departure. The citizens residing in the countries that allow VWP (Visa Waiver Program) are eligible for applying an ESTA for the purpose of business travel of tourism and are limited to a period of ninety days for the stay.
The reasons behind ESTA qualification
- Tourism purpose.
- Traveling for vacation.
- Visit relatives and friends.
- Treatments and medical approaches.
- Participating in community and social events by the service firms.
- Participation in concerts and contests relating to music, sports, and related events unless being paid.
- Consultation purpose with associates of a business firm.
- Attending conferences related to scientific, professional, business, convention, and educational purpose.
- Negotiation of a contract.
- Attending training conducted for short spans.
There are certain specific conditions, under which the ESTA is not permitted like credit studying, employment purposes, working in a press for foreign, journalism, radio, film, and all other sources of relevant informational media purpose, and permanent residency. All individual traveling with ESTA must have a valid reason for traveling and must hold a valid citizenship from a VWP country. The ESTA is mandatory both prior and after visit along with a round-trip ticket for travel either via air or via sea.